Laudato Si’: On Care For Our Common Home
In this second encyclical, Laudato Si’; On Care For Our Common Home, Pope Francis draws all Christians into a dialogue with every person on the planet about our common home. We as human beings are united by the concern for our planet and every living thing that dwells on it, especially the poorest and most vulnerable. Pope Francis’ letter joins the body of the Church’s social and moral teaching and draws on the best scientific research, providing the foundation for “the ethical and spiritual itinerary that follows.” Laudato Si’ outlines:
- ~The current state of our “common home”
- ~The Gospel message as seen through creation
- ~The human causes of the ecological crisis
- ~Ecology and the common good
- ~Pope Francis’ call to action for each of us
Our Sunday Visitor has included discussion questions, making this edition perfect for individual or group study, leading all Catholics and Christians into deeper understanding of the importance of this reading.