Sinsinawa Mound Center offers retreats and programs as well as opportunities for personal reflection and renewal in a comfortable, rural setting.
See What the Parables Have in Store for Us
March 27, 2020 6:30 pm - March 29, 2020 1:00 pm$50.00
Amidst the chaotic and violent atmosphere in which we live, have you been motivated to reflect on Jesus’ parables lately? If, perhaps, you have come to such a reflection point, could you possibly imagine your discovery of Jesus’ parables speaking to:
* bridging the gap between rich and poor
* enabling actions for workers; rights and just wages
* exposing legal systems of exploitation
* whistle-blowing for an ethical economy and even noting the “seedings” of attention to environmental concerns
* organizing solidarity with others for the common good
* combating the abusive and pervasive spiraling of violence
* equalizing a just distribution of resources
* activating the power of forgiveness
Please consider yourself personally invited to attend a weekend of reflection on just such issues as these … and do bring a Bible!
Friday, March 27, 2020, 6:30 p.m. through Sunday, March 29, 2020, 1 p.m.
Private Room: $180 or Commuter: $104
Registration deadline is March 20, 2020
Facilitator: Mary Ellen O’Dea, OP is a Dominican Sister of Sinsinawa and long-time student of the scriptures. Her ministries have included, Teacher; Principal; Director of Religious Education; Founder of Family Faith Programs; Coordinator of Small Faith Communities at Universities and in Parishes; Creator of Femininst Biblical Interpretation Studies; Univeristy Campus Chaplain; Founder & Creator of The Magdala Project – a hand on preaching empowerment process for women; Spirituality Coordinator; Preacher & Retreat Facilitator.
Financial assistance funding is possible through donations from generous and caring individuals who understand the valuable impact our programs can have on a person's life. If you would like to request financial assistance, please click here.