Brain Health Programs Coming to Sinsinawa
Brain Health Programs are being sponsored at Sinsinawa Mound in conjunction with the Alzheimer’s & Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin. These programs will assist those with dementia and their care partners. Communication Tips and Strategies will be held Thursday, Feb. 7, 1-2:30 p.m. Learn ways to effectively and compassionately communicate with someone who has dementia.
Other programs will follow throughout the coming year. They include
- • Memory Café held the last Thursday of each month, 1-2:30 p.m.;
- • Understanding and Responding to Behavior Changes, April 18, 1-2:30 p.m.;
- • Crossing Bridges, a series for people who have mild memory loss or are in the early stages of
- • Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia and a care partner, May 2, 9, 16, and 23, 1-3:30 p.m.;
- • Learning among Friends, the second Thursday of each month beginning June 13, 1-2:30 p.m.; and
- • Is It Time for Facility Care? held Aug. 22, 1-2:30 p.m.
- • End of Life and Dementia, Oct. 24, 1-2:30 p.m.
These programs are offered free of charge, and preregistration is appreciated but not required. For more information, contact Coni LaBarbera at 608-748-4411 or visit our website at www.sinsinawa.org/moundcenter.
Sinsinawa Mound, the motherhouse for the Sinsinawa Dominican Sisters, is located in southwest Wisconsin on County Road Z, off Highway 11, about five miles northeast of Dubuque.