St. Dominic Bell Moved to St. Joseph

In October, the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa Leadership Council approved the transfer of St. Dominic’s Bell from Sinsinawa Mound to St. Joseph Church on County Road Z, Sinsinawa. Samuel Mazzuchelli, OP, originally purchased the bell in 1851 for St. Dominic Church at Sinsinawa. The bell was placed in the transportation parking lot near the Convent building at Sinsinawa during the United States bicentennial celebration, July 4, 1976. St. Joseph Parish members moved the bell in late November. The bell is being repaired and relocated near St. Joseph Church near a new stained-glass window of Father Samuel. It will be rung on special occasions. The Congregation will craft text for a bronze plaque to be placed by the bell that shares a brief history